Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Having A Game Plan

One of my favorite football coaches is Joe Gibbs.  He would also be my favorite stock car team owner if I were a NASCAR fan.  Joe Gibbs has been a three-time Super Bowl champion as well as a three-time NASCAR champion.  But most importantly, Joe Gibbs is a disciple of Jesus Christ and understands that the Bible provides the essential details for shaping the "game plan for life."

In his book Game Plan for Life - Your Personal Play Book for Success, Coach Gibbs states that his major goal in writing this book is to show just how practical and relevant the Bible really is.  A bonus feature of this book is his bringing together eleven gifted professionals to address eleven critical topics that should be part of everyone's game plan for life.  Here is what Coach Gibbs states at the end of his chapter, The Ultimate Play Book, "The whole premise of a game plan for life is that God is in charge and that His plan for your life can be found in the Bible."  It is at this point that Coach Gibbs introduces us to one of his contributors, Josh McDowell, who writes on the trustworthiness of the Bible.  In my opinion, I believe that, within the 19 pages that he discusses this topic, John provides one of the best overviews and summaries of why a person can trust the Bible.

Here are the titles of a few of the critical topics and their authors:  The Coach - Who Is God?  by Ken Boa;  Salvation - How Do I Get On God's Winning Team? by Chuck Colson; Vocation - How Do I Build A Successful Life And Career? by Os Guinness; Heaven - Where Will I Spend Eternity? by Randy Alcorn.

I encourage you to secure a copy of this excellent book to help you discover God's game plan for your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment