Monday, January 16, 2012

The Value of Good Words

Sometimes someone can say something that has a real impact on you.  They capture in a few words profound truths that stop you for a moment and force you to think about the point that is being made.

On such quote that I read years ago has remained with me to this day.  In fact I had it typeset and printed so that I could have it framed to keep on my desk.  It's a daily reminder to me of the urgent need to keep a biblical perspective on my life.  It is a quote from Jonathan Edwards, who, most people agree, was the greatest theologian to come from America.

                "Much that pertains to dress, to accomplishment, to living, to employment,
                 to amusement, to conversation will appear, when we come to die, to have
                 been like the playthings of children.  We shall feel that time has been wasted
                 and strength exhausted by that which was foolish and childish."

Take some time to reflect on these words of profound truths.

No comments:

Post a Comment