Saturday, January 14, 2012

Sowing Seeds for Tomorrow

In my little book Tomorrow Is A Matter of Choice I wrote this statement:

"What we do every day of our lives does have eternal implications.  Our life is cumulative - what we do today will affect tomorrow, and our actions that day will affect the next.  Over time we will make a life, but far more important we will mark eternity for good or for bad."

Looking back over my life, one of the regrets I have is the amount of time I wasted when I was a freshman in college.  Numerous times over the years I have wished that I would have used that time more wisely.  One of the wrong habits that comes so easily to most people is the habit of wasting time.  If this habit is not replaced with the good habit of using your time wisely before you realize it you will have missed numerous opportunities.

Time is one of the most precious gifts we have received from our Creator.  We need to continually determine to use it wisely.  Note this poem that speaks well to this point.

                             TAKE TIME

     Take time to work - It is the price of success
     Take time to think - It is the source of power
     Take time to read - It is the fountain of wisdom
     Take time to be friendly - It is the road to happiness
     Take time to love and be loved -It is nourishment for the soul
     Take time to share - It is too short a life to be selfish
     Take time to dream - It is hitching your wagon to a star

No comments:

Post a Comment